Protecting Your Privacy
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data Protection Act
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) – Simple Financial Advice, Unit 4, Second Floor, Dane Mill, Broadhurst Lane, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1LA – is the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site or that you e-mail to us. This includes information provided for any service that we may provide via our site from time to time or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If you have given your consent for us to do so for marketing or other specified purposes.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.